Whilst the clock keeps ticking with only 25 days until the Turnbull Government’s unfair changes to the child care and early education system come into effect, the wheels on the government’s spin machine are starting to get stuck in the detail.
As confirmed in Senate Estimates last week;
- The government has confirmed almost 43 per cent of families are yet to register;
- 30 per cent of providers are yet to register;
- The new IT system and software hasn’t finished testing or been rolled out;
- The government has no idea how many safety and quality compliance staff are employed through the national quality agenda funding they have cut;
Here are some questions for the Minister to answer:
- What will happen to families who have not registered in the new system on 2 July?
- What is the Government doing to ensure these families register in time?
- Does the Government expect the whole burden to fall on centres?
- Can the Government guarantee centres will continue to be safe and meet quality standards now they have gutted the funding for the compliance staff?
- Is the Government confident the new system will launch without any glitches in payments to centres and families?
The Turnbull Government’s unfair child care package will hurt those families who can least afford it.